Lee Hyun, also known as Weed, is the main protagonist of the light novel and manwha, Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.
He was the strongest player in the game, "The Continent of Magic," under the avatar, Weed. After selling his account to pay off his debts to the loansharks, he is determined to take revenge on them by earning the same amount in five years.
His only hope is to do so was to join the virtual reality MMORPG Royal Road under the same name, Weed. He then embarks on a journey that will change his life.
He is currently the King of the Arpen Kingdom/Empire.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Lee Hyun/Weed's Strengths/Good Points
- 5 Inner Circle
- 6 Character information
- 7 Character achievements
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
Lee Hyun/Weed looks like an average male of his age. He looks the same in the game. He has an aesthetic muscular body, due to his training and labor, and black hair. He wears less fashionable, movable clothing. With his Desert Warrior profession, a small side effect was the dark skin tan due to the blazing sunlight.
To describe Lee Hyun/Weed's personality in one phrase, whether in the real world or the game world, is that Lee Hyun/Weed is a devil incarnate that lives and breathes for money. This twisted personality formed due to several factors from his harsh past, the main factor being that his family was left poor and debt-ridden due to the his deceased parents, and the uncaring stance that the government and society took during this period of his life. Being too young to work legally, he was forced to work secretly in sweat shops for meager pay, and feared every day for the lives and livelihoods of his family members. Despite Lee Hyun/Weed's cruel and greedy nature, at heart he is a family man that loves and takes care of his sister and grandmother to the best of his abilities.
Lee Hyun/Weed's materialistic personality often affects his physical actions, causing him to stay up for hours at a time to earn a single item more in the game or shed tears should he lose items which are worth a substantial amount of money. Lee Hyun/Weed will never hesitate to lie, flatter, or commit humiliating acts to obtain money, items, equipment or objects to use or auction online. On rare occasions, Lee Hyun spends or invests money if he deems it necessary for any current quests and/or jobs at hand that will bring in rewards greater than his earlier investment, proving his great financial insight. He perceives wasting time as means to a loss in monetary gain.
Lee Hyun/Weed trusts no one and nothing with few exceptions, simply put: it’s hard to earn his trust and it’s even harder to earn his complete trust.
Lee Hyun is a high school drop-out with an enormous debt inherited from his deceased parents. Upon placing his gaming avatar from the game "The Continent of Magic" on an auction, the news spreads nationwide, and a fierce competition to win Hyun's avatar breaks out.
The price is eventually raised to ₩3.1 billion won (around 2.76 million US dollars). However, the great majority of this sum is soon taken by loan sharks who show up to collect the debt owed by his father. He's then left with only ₩90 million won (around 80 thousand US dollars) ... ₩60 million of which goes to pay for a small house for his grandmother and sister to live in. The loan sharks leave with a challenge to Lee Hyun to make the same amount of money in five years to get his revenge on them.
Determined to send his little sister, Hayan, to college and take revenge on the loan sharks he begins to train his body in martial arts and learns how to play the most popular game in Korea, the virtual reality MMORPG "Royal Road". Lee Hyun begin to create a strong and famous avatar in Royal Road in order to make money and have his revenge.
Using his old avatar name, 'Weed', he spends 4 in-game weeks swinging a sword at a training scarecrow nonstop at his starting city, Serabourg City situated in the Rosenheim Kingdom. He befriends players and looks for a class that will make him powerful enough to become rich.
Over the course of the novel, he is given the hidden class Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. He also begins to attend university after being tricked by his sister and grandmother into applying for it. He proceeds to become the Lord of Morata, a town of Royal Road.
In order to gain information, Lee Hyun joins the Dark Gamers Union.His fame gains him a spot in the 'Hall of Fame' which allows only people in the top 500 players of Royal Road to place videos of their adventures online. Players receive an income depending on how many views their video has and the player's overall ranking in the Hall of Fame. As a result of his exploding popularity, Lee Hyun is contacted by KMC media to buy the right to broadcast his adventures on their chanel which increased the number of viewers, raising KMC MEDIA'S status among its peers
Lee Hyun/Weed's Strengths/Good Points
- Hard Worker
- Family Man
Lee Hyun/Weed's Weaknesses/Bad Points
Lastly, not only is he very defensive toward others, he also has a very unforgiving and vengeful personality especially in Continent of Magic. The risk of "Continual revenge coming from Weed unlike simple, short revenges from Geomchis" has to be considered. This decreased slightly when he switched over to Royal Road But he can also have his soft and tender side, with his dog or toward Seoyoon. For example, while she was ill, he spoonfed Seoyoon Porridge.
Lee Hyun/Weed’s list of the most important things and/or people that he can trust (in order):
- His Friends
- Fellow Dojang members
His Legendary Moonlight Sculptor class has 3 components. It is a very special class set.
- Sculptor Class
Check the regular Sculptor class in the class section.
- Moonlight Attribute
- Legendary Title
The Legendary title seems to be linked to the uniqueness of the first inheritance he received, directly from the hidden tomb of the first Emperor, the Sculptor Geihar von Arpen.
|Character Name: Weed||Alignment: Righteous person approved by the Gods|
Legendary Moonlight Sculptor | Warrior of the Sun
|Position||King of the Arpen Kingdom|
|Fame||305,399 (Above 400,000 points currently)|
|HP: 97,845||MP: 69,141|
|Strength: 1,847||Agility: 1,255|
|Vitality: 322||Wisdom: 440|
|Intelligence: 517||Fighting Spirit: 634|
|Endurance: 449||Perseverance: 1,315|
|Art: 3,513||Charisma: 723|
|Leadership: 956||Luck: 304|
|Faith: 764 + 435||Charm: 954 + 30|
|Toughness: 631||Dignity: 556|
|Mentality: 322||Courage: 414|
|Honor: 887||Insight: 101|
|Affinity to Nature: 2,288|
|Attack: 9,502||Defense: 2,691|
|Fire: 49%||Water: 46%|
|Earth: 43%||Black Magic: 44%|
+ All stats have an additional 20 points added. + The Art stat is granted an additional 80 points. + All stats will increase by 30% on a moonlit night. + Specialized items. + All production skills can be learnt up to the master level. Preferential treatment will be applied to the skills of all items manufactured with Smelting. You can learn the best skills. + Unusual sculptures or sculptures with high artistic value will increase your fame. + All stats have been raised by 381 points due to sculptures, production skills, combat experience and quests. + All skills improve 6% faster. + 15 to all stats from equipped bracelet.
If you find more recent stat, please copy/paste them in the comment section.
Combat and Swordsmanship
Lee Hyun/Weed displays a versatile range of combat abilities, which is very unusual for a sculptor in Royal Road. However, this because before entering the game, Weed trained for one year in real life. Lee Hyun is proficient in many hand to hand martial arts (aikido, kendo, taekwondo) and is considered as the official disciple in his sword training dojang. He is also described as an incredibly strong minded person.
His virtual character Weed has been seen using a variety of items such as bows and swords. Often invoking magic and the use of tactics in war scenarios. It can be said that Weed is both proficient with close combat and strategic combat (due to his quick wits and ability to adapt) although he has stated himself that he prefers close combat, due to his ability to pick up items/japtem as he fights.
Since the beginning he worked hard to raise his sword skill.
- Even before playing, in real life, he trained his combat skill. Later on, he became Geomchi's first disciple.
- He started in the beginning training center in Rosenheim, then in Lavia,the basic training center and recently raised his skill up to the intermediary training center in one of the 12 Heriam Towers.
- The 2 other Moonlight sculptors, Zahab and Geihar, were masters of both sculpting and swordsmanship. From them, he learned the Imperial sword skill and the Radiant Sword. He also learned the Sword cloning skill from the sword master Ash, introduced to him via the Geomchis.
- He learned Texture Sword Technique directly from its creator Geomchi. This very difficult technique can bypass Defense granted by skin toughness or armor.
- Through Sculptural Destruction, he can also raise his combat stats (vitality, health, strength, agility, etc) and therefore balance his handicap as a sculptor.
- During the warring age quest, he became for a short period of time, the highest and most powerful warrior. He even became Emperor of the Pallos Empire.
Other Manual skills
The main asset of a sculptor is his handicraft skill and the ability to learn every other manual skill (up to the level of master).
Through hard work, Weed used this opportunity to learn and rise to advanced level in many different skills, from cooking to sailing... These abilities strongly contributed to make Weed self-sufficient and helpful to others. In the end, he became an exceptional Jack of All trades.
- List of skills & sub-skills
- Blacksmithing ( & Polishing) + Repairing Items
- Ceramic Making
- Cooking ( & Alcohol Brewing)
- Herb Picking
- Item Identification
- Leather working
- Painting (basic skill, used for mapping an area)
- Riding (not formally described)
- Sailing (advanced level 1)
- Tailoring (& Ironing)
- Ship building
- Quadruple Run, also known as Four-Legged running, Four-legged traveling.
To find more about his sculptural achievements, go to:
These are various titles that Weed earned in "Royal Road" The most common type of title. First to uncover or finish a special type of task, be it a dungeon, a quest, or a class/skill related task.
King of Arpen Kingdom
- Offered by: Morata Village Elder
- When it was offered: Upon reclaiming and populating Morata 
- Final Decision by Lee Hyun/Weed: Accepted
Elder’s proposal was to rebuild the Northern Kingdom. Morata and Vargo Fortress are the only cities currently under Weed's command. However upon acceptance of joining the Arpen Kingdom, many more villages came under his rule. Weed used only 30 gold for the coronation ceremony in which he merely drank a glass of water to be crowned King.
Other earned titles
- Artisan With Exceptional Dexterity 
- Lich Dungeon Hunter 
- Count of Morata 
- Blacksmith with Extensive Experiences 
- Artisan of Excellent Works 
- Eternal Sculptor 
- World-Changing Sculptor 
- The Courageous 
- Dragon Slaying Commander 
- Unknown Ghost Captain who widens the sea 
- Explorer of the Polar Region 
- Immortal Warrior 
- Heir of the Niflheim Empire 
- Glorious Undead Commander 
- Disaster-Steering Sculptor 
- Greatest Ruler in the North 
- Tenacious Fisherman 
- Adventurer Who Explored the History of the Continent 
- King of Arpen Kingdom 
- Great Sculptor the Dwarves Acknowledge 
- Sculptor who can express the beauty of the Gods 
- Hero who Saved the Continent 
- Demon Slayer 
- Desert Traveller 
- Person who calls rain 
- Thief Leader Subduer
- Great Emperor of the Desert
- Hero Who Saves the World
- Honorable King of Kings
- Craftsmanship of Rare Metals
- Person who Drives Disaster
- Quick Step in the Desert 
- Person who Walked through the Desert of Tranquility 
- Master of Sculpting 
- Disaster Slaughter
- Person who Knocked Down a Demon
- Sweeping Hunter
He also earned, while hunting down the Haven Empire players, the titles of:
- mass murderer
- terrible (mass) murderer.
last but not least, he received the nickname:
Earned Legacies Skills
Earned Sculpting Legacies
Like every human, elf, or dwarf, Weed can only have area of sculpting expertise . There is a distinction between a legacy (legacy or special inheritance skill), learned from a master, and an area of expertise, which is related to your class evolution.
Weed was able to find and learn (collect) the 5 Great Masters Legacies.
- Sculptural Life Bestowal
- Sculpting Blade/Moonlight Sculpting Blade
- A technique that ignores defence, created by Zahab. Moonlight version is ranged and can be used to wrap the caster in protective light.
- Sculptural Shapeshifting
- Created by Darone. Can be used to change into the the appearence of a sculpture. Stats change accordingly and additional racial skills can be used as well.
- Elemental Sculpting
- Enables the creation of elementals through sculpting. Through brainwashing Weeds elementals perform any labour diligently and are favoured by northern players too. Created by Belsos.
- Great Disaster Nature Sculpting
- Discovered by Daycram after mastering sculpting with harmony to nature. Unleaches the disaster depicted by the sculpture with the scale varying to Affinity to Nature stat.
- Sculpture Resurrection
- Created by Weed in his 17th Sculpting Master Quest. Can resurrect a dead hero once for a limited time.
- Time Sculpting
- Obtained for succeeding the near impossible Final Secret Sculpting Technique Quest that follows Nodulle and Hilderun, travel roleplay in the past and changed history for other players of Royal Road. The skill can interfer with time.
Earned Necromancing Legacies
- Special necromancing power
- Bar Khan legacy
- It is believed that Bar Khan was the most talented Necromancer ever. Weed earned parts of his class legacy through :
- Divine Fire:(A gift from Hestia after the sculptor master quest) A symbol of Hestia - utilized for art, production, and combat. It will raise all the values and sometimes will cause a miracle. Consume a certain amount of mana to dissolve, burn, or lay over your weapon to attack enemies. It will assist in the creation of works of art. By creating a religious work, there is a very high probability that faith will increase. A double effect will be given when used in smelting. Pure crystals can be obtained while processing minerals and Hestia’s blessing will be applied when added to equipment. Can be used to both attack and defend during combat. An additional 7% fire damage will be added to all attack skills. As the skill level rises, the damage will increase by 3%. Fire skills will be applied twice. It will deal an additional 5 times the damage to demonic or undead monsters.
Latest skill stand
- Sculpting skill
- Swordman skill
- Weed leveled up his sword combat skill up to advanced level 7 
- His sword combat skill level is advanced level 8 after completing the Path of Struggle.
- He practiced the Dual Swordsmanship, probably while being in contact with Bahamorg... who masters the skill.
- Close Eyes, also known as Close Eyes Tightly or Eyes Shut Tightly.
- Severe Blow
- Precise Attack
- After achieving handicraft mastery, he became able to learn enemy skills by fighting them, thus learning different skills from then on.
- Necromancer Skill
- Desert Warrior skillset
- Warrior of the Sun skillset
- Other Manual skills
- Spear skill is intermediate level 3
- Blacksmithing skill is advanced level 3
- Cooking skill is advanced level 2
- Handicraft skill has been mastered
- Sewing skill is intermediate level 7
- Mining skill is intermediate level 3
- Fishing skill is intermediate level 8
- Sailing skill is intermediate level 1
- Shipbuilding skill is intermediate level 1
Check Weed Items.
- An unexpected heritage
- He was first offered the hidden class 'Moonlight Sculptor', which he refused, before being offered the 'Legendary Moonlight Sculptor' hidden class that he accepted at level 68 without knowing which class he was offered.
- It took him some time to see the potential the sculptor class hides and slowly accepted and started to love it.
- Later on, he refused to change class to Master Fighter after completing the basic training hall
- When he started playing, the artistic classes were regarded as useless, because the players were seen as weak in combat and useless overall. But only after crossing the Plains of Despair did Weed seem to truly understand the Sculptor profession.
- His birthday is October 5.
- Lee Hyun once played 204 hours (8 days, 12 hours) on "Continent of Magic" nonstop without eating or sleeping. The only reason he stopped at 204 hr was because his mouse broke.
- Lee Hyun is ignorant or simply lacking in knowledge about certain things in or about life that other people his age/generation would know; those types of knowledge he simply ignores if he knows what it is and if it doesn't benefit him or his family.
- Weed's videos are the most watched Royal Road programs on TV and in the Hall of Fame.
- He is the first person to complete a master quest as well as getting a final quest.
- He is also the first human in the history of Royal Road to kill a dragon.
- Weed was the strongest undead 'alive' when he went back in time on Royal Road.
- "Wings of Light," a sculpture made by Weed, was not considered a full sculpture (or a self-sustained individual entity) after receiving life, and was treated like a parasite since it needed a host to function. Weed can attach them to his back, giving himself the ability to fly. He can also remove them and give them to others as he sees fit.
- About his daily life pets