Volume 3, Chapter 1: "My Profession, Moonlight Sculptor"
Short Summary Edit
In Baran Village, Weed sets up a sculpture and food stall, which makes him incredibly popular amongst the villagers and players now that said skills have reached the Intermediate stage. He also uses this chance to improve his Repair skill on his customers items since reaching Intermediate in it is one of the paths of one day obtaining the Blacksmith skill.
Meanwhile, Mapan reminisces about his first days in Royal Road where he completed an E-Rank Quest in Serabourg that rewarded him the Merchant class, but ended up going broke due to underestimating the game's market prices. In the current day, Mapan views Weed to be a great warrior that will one day make him rich, but is left stunned in disbelief at the sight of Weed simply cooking, sculpting, and repairing for the people of Baran Village. Hearing that Weed only has the Sculptor class leaves Mapan questioning if he was wrong about his new partner.
Departing Baran Village, Weed and Mapan travel around to other Rosenheim Kingdom villages to purchase supplies for their journey with the gold Weed made recently, such as buying expensive jewels. Weed also begins to improve his Medical Botany skill along the way by pulling up any herb root he comes across. After Mapan purchases a cart with a mule for long distance travelling, he and Weed finally begin their journey west to the Britten Alliance's city of Somren.
Weed and Mapan begin to traverse the Bar Khu Mountain Range, which also happens to be werewolf territory. Riding along on Mapan's cart, Weed has no trouble defeating any werewolf who attacks them thanks to his recently obtained Lion's Roar skill. Weed also uses this time to examine Geihar's Wooden Statue, and confirms that it will grant him a skill that will allow Weed to grant life to his sculptures known as Sculptural Life Bestowal once he advances from the Intermediate to Advanced stage in Sculptural Mastery. Weed also passes the time during the journey sculpting to increase his skills, and begins crafting beautiful designs into the jewels he bought in order to increase their value.
Stats and Skills Edit
|Name: Weed||Alignment: Neutral||Skills|
|Level: 177||Profession: Moonlight Sculptor||Handicraft||Intermediate 2|
|Title||None||Sculpture Mastery||Intermediate 2|
|Health: 5275||Mana: 1536||Sword Mastery||Beginner 8|
|Strength: 350||Agility: 320||Repair||Beginner 8|
|Vitality: 114||Endurance: 159||Bandaging||Beginner 7|
|Fighting Spirit: 158||Archery||Beginner 7|
|Wisdom: 51||Intelligence: 45||Identification||Beginner 5|
|Art: 149||Perseverance: 189||Wine Brewing||Beginner 1|
|Attack: 246||Defense: 91||Medical Botany||Beginner 1|
|Magic Resistance||Lion's Roar||Beginner 1|
|Fire: 0%||Water: 0%||Sculptor Skills|
|Earth: 20%||Black Magic: 0%||Sculpting Blade||Beginner 7|
|Imperial Sword Technique||Comprehension 5|
|Sculpture Destruction||Beginner 1|
- All stats are added 20 points.
- Art stat is added extra 80 points.
- In moonlit night, all stats increase by 30% in addition.
- Enables you to equip certain items specialized for the class.
- Enables you to learn all craft skills to the stage of a master.
- Grants extra options to items that are produced or refined.
- Increases Attack Power for the Engraving Knife technique.
- Decreases Mana Consumption for the Engraving Knife technique.
- Enables you to learn secret skills based on your level in Sculpture Mastery.
- Increases Fame by creating a statue of extraordinary image or artistic value.
- E-Rank Quest: "The Exchange Owner who needs Rabbit Pelts" (Mapan accepted and completes)
- 300 Rabbit Leather (Mapan's quest requirement)
- 40 Jade (purchased for Weed)
- 50 Pearls (purchased for Weed)
- X20 Backpack (purchased for Weed)
- Zahab's Engraving Knife
- Clay Sword
- Weed spends time in Baran Village using his skills to cook and sculpt for the villagers and players. His Repair and Cooking skills increased 40% of 1 level when it was time to pack up.
- Weed is aiming for the Intermediate stage in the Repair skill since achieving it would allow him to unlock a path to obtain the Blacksmith skill.
- Mapan had completed an E-Rank Quest in Serabourg that rewarded him with the Merchant class. He needed to provide the quest-giver 300 pieces of Rabbit Leather under 3 days.
- Weed purchases 40 pieces of Jade for 760 gold.
- Weed travels to Rosenheim's Falcon Village to purchase 50 Pearls for 690 gold.
- Weed had a total of 1700 gold thanks to selling off his 9 bags of Lavias loot, and working his stall in Baran Village, but is now down to 50 gold after the jewel and supply purchases.
- Mapan purchases a cart with a mule to help Weed and him travel, as well as a new backpack for Weed that stores 20 times its normal volume.
- Weed and Mapan begin their journey through the Bar Khu Mountain Range, the home of the werewolves.
- Weed reaches Intermediate: level 4 in the Handicraft skill by sculpting stuff like nearby trees to pass the time while treking through the Bar Khu Mountain Range.
- Weed fights against werewolves and Basilisks during the Bar Khu Mountain Range journey, and uses it as a chance to level up his Lion's Roar skill.
- Geihar Von Arpen's statue that Weed obtained from Rodriguez finally has its skill explained which is known as Sculptural Life Bestowal. The skill will allow the person who learns it to be able to grant life to sculptures who will remain loyal to the one who gave them life. However, it requires the Advanced stage of the Sculpture Mastery skill (after 10 levels of Intermediate) to learn it. In order to grant a statue life, Sculptural Life Bestowal costs 5000 mana, decreases 10 Art stats of the user, and decreases the user's level by 2.
- Weed's current Art Stat is mentioned to be somewhere around 300.
- Weed reaches Intermediate: level 3 in the Sculpture Mastery skill, and begins to sculpt the jewels he just bought in order to increase their value.