Teleport Gates are one of the most useful magical devices in the Versailles Continent, which have the capacity to transfer instantaneously any material or person to a specific destination but there are limitations and different kinds of Gates.
There are Teleport Gates in major castles and Cities. There are different types of Teleport Gates. The basic features are:
- It needs large amounts of Mana to be activated.
- It needs a catalyzer to activate the Mana, like a Rune or a magic spell, additionally other resources can be used like jewels or magic stones.
- Destination has to be set physically to allow the activation.
- Magical disturbance can disable Teleport Gates.
- There are several limitations that depend on the mana and other resources spent., like distance, frequency and amount of material to transfer.
- Teleport Gates keep monsters, making a safe zone.
So far, we have identified three types of teleportation (dissambiguation is still needed).
- Teleport spell
- Mages can join together to perform a Teleportation Spell.
- Mages will form a circle to activate the spell.
- For long distance teleportation, Mages need to consume part of their mana and health, in addition to magic stones.
- The destination has to be set before hand to set a marker or use a previously marked place.
- To increase the distance and amount of people to teleport, magic stones and jewels can be used.
- Single Portal
- Teleportation network (gates)
- Located in every prominent church, each religious order manages their own Teleport Network, every church has a Rune engraved in its building and needs to be activated by the priest’s mana.
- Players require Contribution Points to be able to request the use of a Gate or if his fame with one religious order is very high, then the player can request to use the Network without the need to spend Contribution Points.
- Places with Teleport Gates
- Free City of Somren.
- Rhodium city.
- A cave near Morata city.
- Ras Hill, a place in the Northern Continent.
- Puhol Fortress: the Necromancer Krobydiun arrived through a Teleport Gate to Puhol Fortress, probably from Aren Castle.
- Hepenia Fortress in the Kallamore Kingdom.
- Fort Odin in the Britten Alliance.
- Roderick's Labyrinth .
- Aren Castle in the Haven Kingdom.
- Places with Teleport Gates
- Weed travelled back to the Central Square fountain of Serabourg City (Rosenheim Kingdom) in a matter of seconds from Freya's Church teleport gate in Somren Free City (Britten Alliance). A long journey to travel across from Bar Khu(Barogue) mountain range to Britten Alliance itself took almost a month. He travelled with Mapan at that time.
- Weed, Clerics and soldiers from Rosenheim Kingdom used the Freya Church's Teleport Gate to transfer to a cave located in the Plains of Despair.
- The Cold Roses Guild used mages to activate a Teleport Gate to transfer 150 people, each time the gate was activated, to the Northern Continent.
- Pollon from the Hermes Guild ordered his Mage Squad to activate a Teleport Gate to withdraw his forces from Vargo Fortress.
- Weed set a Portal between the Matallost Church and Morata city centre .
- Teleportation should not be confused with the Blink spell or skill, which is limited in terms of distance.