There are many ways to gain reputation both in good way and bad way. Fame also helps with the reputation but unlike Fame, reputation is more relationship base than anything else.
Reputation Area of InfluencesEdit
There seem to be two type of reputation, one is local reputation which that player or players reputation is well known (good or bad) within a small region such as town or city. The other type of reputation is regional reputation which is like the local reputation but only more area where the player is well known by people (NPC).
Fame is Fame, Fame is type of reputation in which it influences the player interaction with any NPC (depend) and how helpful they become to the player. Higher Fame increase more helpfulness from NPC.
How to Gain Reputation & FameEdit
Quote from the Novel: “Fame, even if you work hard, there’s no telling if you will obtain it.” (v5c9)
Note: High Fame or achievement can get a player (by chance) to speak with a high ranking NPC such as a Lord, but it’s up to the player to see if he or she can befriend that person (NPC) if they got that chance.
- Talk to the local (with good alignment) and befriend them (+ reputation)
- Talk to the local (with bad/evil alignment) and befriend them (get good rep with the (bad/evil) local but will get a -rep [officially] with the rest of the world; chance of getting Murder Mark)
- Do public service related quests (+ reputation if success, +Fame [depend], - reputation if Failed)
- Do Quests (in general) (+ reputation if success [depend], +Fame [depend], - reputation if Failed [depend])
- Kill another player (- reputation, get mark as a Murder and Wanted player)
- Kill a Player Killer or a Wanted player (+ reputation if success [depend], +Fame [depend])
- Mass killing of non-monster type and/or civilized NPC (- reputation, get mark as a Murder and Wanted player)
- Kill lot Monsters (+ reputation [depend], +Fame [depend])
- Fight in a War or Siege (player are allowed to kill each other for this type) (+ reputation if your side won [depend], +Fame [depend], - reputation [depend])
Infamy Stat & Murder MarkEdit
Both Infamy Stat & Murderer’s Mark is (-) reputation and they go hand in hand (sometime).
If a player has the sign of a murderer on them, their user name will be exposes in red above their head to every other player around them.
Quote about Infamy Stat: "Infamy sometimes helps with quests that required them, but the consequence was too great. Villagers take one look at those with infamy points and would run away, or even chase them out!" (v12c7)
Quote about Murder Mark: "There are tremendous penalties being the recipient of the mark. While being vulnerable to the attacks of other users, the drop rate for items would be higher than most at death. Obtaining quests are more difficult, making it harder to be release from the mark." (v12c7)
How to get rid of Infamy Stat & Murder MarkEdit
- Donate to the church or finish some quests