Dain is a high-level Shaman player in Royal Road. She has exceptional skill due to her unusual style of training. She is a founding member of the Hermes Guild and Weed's first love. In the real world, she went through a high-risk medical surgery.
Profile and Data
- Name/Known as: Daine or Da'in
- Species: Human
- Class/Profession: Shaman
- Status: Alive
- Level: ?
- Affiliation: Hermes
- First appearance: Volume 2 Chapter 6 Dain met Weed in the City of Heaven, inside the Cave of Dead Warriors, Lavia
Stats and Skills
- Shamans could use white magic to cast buffs that increased Strength, Agility and Speed, and black magic to decrease enemy stats. They could use offensive spells and healing spells, counteract poison and dispel curses. They could also wield swords and maces, meaning they had some physical combat skills. In essence, they were the jack-of-all-trades class and performs as combat support role in a party. The Shaman class is unpopular because even if they have skill in many areas, none were outstanding.
- A Shaman has low health stat, low vitality stat and magic stat lower than a Mage.
- As a Shaman she was able to wield a lot of weapons, like: sword, spear, axe, bow, hammer, sickle, chains, rope, and pickaxe.
- Hermes founding member
- Dain is a founding member of the Hermes Guild and she went up to Lavias , with Bard Ray and the other 6 founding members.
- As a founding member of the Hermes guild, she is given preferential treatment, receiving the best equipment, skills, hunting grounds and mercenaries. For example, she is systematically pro-actively contacted and asked if she needs or wants anything special.
- She requested to become one of the lords of the former Kallamore Kingdom and was granted Evaluk Castle, one of the most populated areas in the Kallamore Kingdom. It is strongly suspected that she wanted to take care of the NPCs (she did the same thing with the undead in Lavias). Thanks to her privileged status, she didn't need to pay taxes for the first three months.
- When Dain arrived at Evaluk Castle, riots were occurring due to excessive taxes and lack of public safety (frequent monster attacks). As the new lord, her first goal was to regain the residents’ trust.
- She decided to cut all taxes and repaired the city walls and destroyed facilities, following Weed's example with the Vargo, Region & Citadel fortress. Seeing the success of Morata, Dain invested massively into culture.
- Dain lived a frugal life in Evaluk Castle's territory so the taxes were low and development was focused on the territory itself. Thanks to her efforts, the resistance movements happening around the former Kallamore Kingdom could not start in her territory. Both the residents and users were experiencing a happy life since there was no chaos and a low tax rate. Dain also had a great relation with merchants and thus made a lot of money trading goods. Despite the Haven empire's focus on military and economic matters, Dain kept the Kallamore Kingdom's traditions and culture, leading residents to like her as lord. She even led her troops through mountains and dungeons exterminating monsters and her level was very high. Due to all of Dain's efforts, Evaluk Castle is the fastest growing region in the Central Continent.
- After showing amazing results in the administration of Evaluk Castle territory, the Hermes Guild offered her more territories, which she accepted. Her rule expanded to cover 1/5 of the Kallamore Kingdom.
- Life crisis
- She came to Lavias's Dungeon with her party, but she decided to leave them, probably because she had to make her own decision.
- Dain had to face a major surgery, which could result in her death and she had to make her decision.
- While she was struggling with her decision, she was playing alone, attacking and healing the wandering undead. This resulted in her having abnormally high shaman skill, compared to a relatively low level (level 134).
- While facing that life crisis, She met with Weed, but did not tell him about her issue.
- Weed's first love
- Starting to Hunt together, the two built a close relationship, in a setting Similar to Seoyoon. Later on, she told him about her burden, before disconnecting. Dain left the game session, after telling Weed that she hopes they would meet again and Weed was left alone in the dungeon. Weed sculpted the Nameless Statues of Lavias as a remembrance of their experiences.
- After her heavy surgery and recovery at the hospital, Dain finally started playing RR again. She logged back into Lavias. She was deeply moved when she found Weed's sculpture but thought that it would be difficult to meet him.
- She arrived at Morata searching for Weed after she heard about the Village of Morata and the Tower of Light . She spent several months doing quests and joining parties in Morata.
- When Searching for Weed, Irene was looking for the famous shaman Dain to help them with a quest. Initially Dain was going to reject the offer but when Hwaryeong joined Irene, she was able to recognize her as the model for The Statue of Freya and a new way to reach Weed so she accepted the proposal.
- She was under a curse that changed her appearance. She had a dark skin and tribal tattoos in her body.
- During one of Weed's adventure broadcasts in a tavern, Dain had a conversation with Weed's friends. Yurin revealed that she was absolutely Weed's type. When Dain eventually met Weed again, due to the change in appearance (related to a previous curse she chose to not dispel), Weed acted as if he didn't recognize her.
- A while after entering the basement dungeon of the Embinyu Citadel, when she got him alone, Dain asked Weed if he had anybody he likes. Weed said no because he thought Dain was trying to bury her past. Dain quickly logged out, wounded. Weed, alone and sad, revealed to Yellowy that she was his first love. Dain eventually realized this on her own before leaving for the Haven Empire.